Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Calling in reinforcements

I'm a solid 2 months into my 12 Month Love Action Plan, and I figured it was time to bring in reinforcements. Yes, I ordered Patti's book- Become Your Own Matchmaker: 8 Easy Steps for Attracting Your Perfect Mate. Because let's face it, a 60 minute DVD is little sustinance for a year's worth of relationship building.

One of the topics she hits on in her book for this phase of the game is date data-collecting. She says that even if you hate the early phases of dating like she does, you can have a good time by making a game of seeing what information you can glean from each experience.

I think this is a good point. I firmly believe that each date, no matter how lackluster or awkward, provides you with ample learning experience, so it's good to go into it with such an attitude.

One way I'm trying to work this into my life is by dating types of guys I usually don't go for. I will admit that I've had a pretty specific "type" and now I'm looking into guys I would normally write off, because well, my own type hasn't been going so well for me, has it? I will say it has forced me out of my comfort zone (in a good way!) and made me drop some preconceptions and prejudices I've had. And who knows, just maybe I'll be proven wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Does this mean you're giving the sophisticated country boy a chance?

    ReplyDelete