Saturday, June 18, 2011

That's NOT what Patti said!

This blog is named What Patti Said. The premise of this year is to follow the words of Patti Stanger. But sometimes I just don't! Usually because I just forget. Here are some tips I've messed up on.

DON'T TEXT!

Patti says- don't text a guy! By telling a guy you don't text and prefer the phone you speed up your courtship. "Women fall in love between their ears, not with their thumbs."

I messed this up on accident! The guy I went out with last night, for example. Last week he had sent me his phone number via the interwebs and told me to text him to figure out a day to get together. I did it without even thinking- made sense to me. But then as I was recounting the story to a friend, she pointed out my misstep! Alas! And once you break the texting seal, it's pretty hard to go back and act as though you don't actually text. Oops!

STRAIGHT HAIR, NOT CURLY HAIR!

Last night, as I was literally walking out the door, I was struck by the realization that my hair was curly. Granted, it looked great. Granted, it was completely weather/situation appropriate. BUT men like straight hair!

As a woman, I've heard this a lot through the years. It's based on the general premise that men 1- like long hair and 2- like the thought of running their hands through women's hair. I even read this article about an experiment a woman did on an online dating site in an A/B style marketing test. Straight hair won the day soundly. 

So I went on a date with curly hair. If I never hear from him again, I'll know why.

-----
I'm sure there are other things I am doing wrong. There is one that I am purposefully not doing, which I will talk about in the next installment!

No comments:

Post a Comment