Friday, August 12, 2011

Let him show you how it's done

I am actually excited! I have a date on Tuesday night. Yes, Tuesday night. That is a few days away, but how about that- the man planned ahead.

You may recall this fella as Greg Good Man from the last post. So far I have to say, this guy gets very high marks. Let me just point out a few things that I feel like he did right.

He messaged me first. 

Of course it doesn't have to be this way, but it is flatter that he took the time to.

He mentioned specific points on my profile.

It wasn't a generic message. He noted specific things that he liked about my profile and said that he'd like to get to know me more.

He was prompt in replying, but not creepy-fast prompt. 

This can be a delicate balance. In fact there was a guy just this week who would get frustrated that I wouldn't respond within minutes. But Greg Good Guy is reliable and dependable, and frankly that is very attractive.

He takes initiative.

He asked me for my phone number after a few messages exchanged. He asks me when a good time to call would be, and calls me at that time. After a few phone calls, he asked me out.

He is gentlemanly.

He asked if I like particular types of food, then when I gave a really terrible answer (truly my bad), he already had a plan, which was great. He asked if I'd be more comfortable meeting there or if he "could do the chivalrous thing and pick me up." I was so flattered! I honestly haven't had a guy pick me up in so long. I live kind of out of the way of most people, and when I warned him of that he insisted it wasn't an issue.

So there you have it. He should consider writing a short course in how to treat a lady. And frankly, woo a lady. I find myself smiling. It's very unlike me... but I like it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment