Wednesday, September 28, 2011

When "good enough" isn't.

For for the mild abandonment, bloggies.

The truth is that by the time I posted the last blog, I was just about dated out. I was starting to hate it. And I was definitely hating online-dating.

Greg Good Man and I went out twice. I wasn't totally feeling the chemistry the first time, but wanted to give him another shot. We went out again, he was a perfect gentlemen, but conversation felt like a constant strain. And, as much as I hate to admit it (because there's no good reason), every time he even touched my arm or back I would tense up. So after we went out twice and he asked me out again, I told him that although he was very kind and gentlemanly, I didn't see us having a relationship beyond friendship. In true form, he bowed out graciously. Good guy, but not the right guy.

The old me would have stuck it out and "hoped" things improved. But the "growing me" realized that "good enough" isn't what I really want. I want to date someone I enjoy being around and who challenges me. I would be cheating myself and the man I was with to settle for less.

There are updates, to be sure. In good news, I broke the curse of the first date killer. The last two guys I've gone out with have asked me out again! And there is one fella I'm on date #9 with...

TO BE CONTINUED.

No comments:

Post a Comment