Friday, April 22, 2011

The one where this is actually working

Dating detox. Alright, I have to say that so far this is a great idea.

I actually broke up with the last boyfriend a month ago. And you know what I did that night? Joined an online dating site. Approximately 48 hours later, I realized it was a dumb idea. Thank goodness I went for the "one month" plan.

My mindset in doing that was that I wanted to mentally move on. The truth was that I didn't want to mentally process the break up. Because honestly, the ex was just a placeholder for other emotional issues I didn't want to deal with. Now here I was, having to deal with them in full glory. AND alone.

So this dating detox has been been great so far. No thinking about dating. No online dating. No viewing men as prospective dates. Just getting back to myself.

I went on vacation, part of which was alone alone. I went to dance class. I started a new side business and I am looking into moving. Not for anyone else, but for me.

Although I haven't quite tackled the hardest parts of dating detox yet, this gives me hope. Happy go lucky indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment