Monday, April 18, 2011

Single in the City

How trite is that for a first post title? Well it's true. I live in The City. I have a great job that I love and at which I'm very good.

And I'm in my late 20's and I'm single.

Like many ladies in my demographic, I also enjoy a little guilty pleasure of Bravo's Millionaire Matchmaker. Starring Patti Stanger as matchmaker, this show follows the ups, downs, joy and horror of looking for love.

Patti has been awfully enterprising lately, expanding her brand into many commercial endorsements and side businesses. One was the recent release of a DVD entitled Patti Stanger: Married in a Year.

I pre-ordered the DVD well in advance, because I was intrigued by what advice she might give. So much so that by the time it arrived, I was actually in a committed relationship. Talk about a quick way to freak a guy out! I watched the video and enjoyed it, but never mentioned it to the Boyfriend (of course).

I remember thinking at the time that it would be pretty interesting to live by Patti's guidelines for a year and write about it, but at that time it wasn't feasible as I was in a relationship.

But guess who is single now! 

So here I go. I'm setting out to follow the Patti Stanger plan for finding love and marriage within a year, and will share the details with you my friends.

Here's to trying new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment