Saturday, May 7, 2011

I'm Coming Out!

Last night some of my friends and I gathered to watch THE video, Patti Stanger: Married in a Year, and I told them about this blog and my plans. We were all amused and bemused, and the general sentiment is somewhere between thinking I'm bold, brave, or crazy.

I shouldn't pussyfoot around the fact that Patti's presentation is most certainly in-your-face. The reason she has a popular TV show is her delivery of her advice. She often comes across as brash and insulting, and at times a bit nuts.

I asked at the end of my friends had any questions or concerns, and wondering whether I'd be as harsh as she is on men or myself was one of the issues brought up. Fair question.

Something that will be interesting to watch play out is how I live Patti's advice while remaining authentic to myself. While I proceed, I hope that following her advice encourages me to try things I wouldn't have thought to try before, but I will remain true to my character, values, and personality.

This should be a wild ride. :) Although I'm sort of enjoying dating detox, I am getting excited to try these new tools out!

No comments:

Post a Comment